Sign up for email updates!>>>

Monday, June 08, 2009

Dan Bends the Grade 8

My good buddy Dan Cenidoza recently bent 5 grade 8 bolts in 45 minutes! Awesome stuff!

Here's a video clip of one of those bends:



You can see that Dan doesn't use a ton of wraps. It's not 3 inches thick and hanging off another 6 inches from the end of the bolt.

Also notice that Dan's not just trying to kink the nail with his hands. He's really worked on his technique and he's focusing the tension generated from his core and upper body through his arms and into his hands to help him bend the nail.

The grade 8 is so close to the red nail. I think if Dan double wrapped and pushed on the ends of the nail a bit more he'd probably be able to sweep one right now, but I doubt he's going to do that. He's more interested in bending as a pure feat of strength thing, which is great.

Congrats, Dan. You are really destroying the bolts now!

Hey readers - if you have questions, leave a comment below. I'll be glad to help you out.

All the best in your training,

-Jedd-

P.S. Have you seen my Nail Bending eBook? It's got everything you need to know to start bending nails safe and strong. Check it out here ===> How to Bend Nails.

3 comments:

Al in Vancouver said...

Hi Jedd,

I plan to order your bending book, but I don't want to get it until I have enough baseline strength to even consider starting bending.

I am 6 feet tall, and have brought my bodyweight up from 165lbs to 178 pounds. I am lean (usually close to single digit bf) but not really very strong.

Can you recommend baseline numbers/performance I should be hitting before I get into bending?

Thank you,
Al

Dan Cenidoza said...

Al,

Just start bending already.

-Dan

Jedd Johnson, CSCS said...

Al, My ebook has a ramp-up / conditioning program to help you get where you need tobe in order to start bending safely. Other numbers don't really apply. It also has to do with your flexibility and your mental toughness how good you will do.
Thanks,
-Jedd-