Sign up for email updates!>>>

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Iron Sheik's Persian Clubs

I have scoured YouTube looking for the Iron Sheik doing his Persian Clubs ever since I saw him doing them on an episode of Cheap Seats a while back. I was never able to find any. And then tonight I found two!

Here is a Persian Club Demo the Iron Sheik performed at the very tail end of a shoot interview he did. I have this video, but the quality is poor. The one you see below is much better.


Obviously the clubs he is using are not what he used to use all those years ago on the TV wrestling shows.

In this clip below, the Sheik performs his club demo not once, not twice, but three times. 75-lbs apiece? I'm not completely sure of that, but nevertheless a very impressive feat of strength.



If you know of any other clips of the Iron Sheik swinging his Persian Clubs, please let me know. Leave a comment or email me.

-NAPALM-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, there is a nice feature about the sheik and his persian clubs in the WWE 24/7 Legends of Wrestling Iron Sheik and Andre the Giant-Programme.

Mike Eves said...

They are 5kg/6kg each clubs (meels)at most. Not a feat of strength, but skill.