Sign up for email updates!>>>

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Building the Better Mousetrap

I bet you have heard someone, some time in your life mention "building the better mousetrap."
 
Did you know that Ralph Waldo Emerson is credited with first making this statement about  innovation and ingenuity, but actually he said something completely different and was misquoted several years after he died.
 
It's true - I just read it on Wikipedia, so it has to be right?
 
Anyway, the mousetrap is something we can all identify with.  I bet most if not all of us have used mousetraps to catch a mouse or rat at one time or another.  And many of us have heard it snap in the next room, but when we go to check and see if we got the mouse, we sometimes find that it was able to steal the piece of cheese and get away before getting caught.
 
Thus the need for a "better mousetrap."
 
Well, I guess you could say that the Hand Grippers and Gripper Machines are the mousetraps of the Grip World.
 
We've all got some type of gripper or grip machine.  Maybe they are torsion spring grippers (like the Captains of Crush), adjustable spring grippers (like the Vulcan Gripper),  or maybe they are floor-model grip machines with moving parts that you add weights to in order to modify the resistance (there's LOTS of these).
 
Well, I am writing today to tell you about a training device that may just be "The Better Mousetrap" when it comes to Gripper Machines, Pop's Grip Machine from Sorinex <= = Click the link for a video review of it.
 
Here's what sets Pop's Grip Machine apart from other...
 
If you have experience with Torsion Spring Grippers like the Captains of Crush, you know that the hardest part about closing the gripper is the last little bit of space between the handles.  You might sweep your #3 gripper down to 1/8th of an inch, but then it might stop dead in its tracks.
 
Pop's Grip Machine mimics this increase in difficulty through the use of some special "attachments" you can use that come with it.  Watch my review video to see what I mean.
 
This is like no other device I have seen.  If you want to see something the Better Mousetrap of Grip Machines, then I suggest you check this link out:   Pop's Grip Machine from Sorinex  (fr.ee review - I receive no commission if you buy one)
 
I thought this was a really cool concept.  I am interested in what you think, too, so feel free to leave a comment.
 
All the best in your training.
 
Jedd
 
P.S.  If you are frustrated with your gripper training, check out my DVD, CRUSH:  Total Gripper Domination.  It has helped many people break through their gripper training plateaus.  Check out what Richard Marby had to say:
  
"I've gone from 2-3 closes on a CoC 2 to 6 in about a month of work, and grip is not my primary goal right now. Thanks for a great DVD!"
 
Sometimes, all it takes is a little guidance to make huge gains in your training.  You provide the effort and hard work, and I can help you out with technique, and know-how.
 
You might say my CRUSH DVD is the Better Mousetrap when it comes to Gripper Training and Instruction.  Pick it up here

 

No comments: