Sign up for email updates!>>>

Thursday, July 31, 2008

GGC Notes

I know it's been quite a while since I posted anything. The fact is I have been very busy getting ready for GGC.

You may have seen that I have been sending out newsletters on this upcoming contest on a weekly basis. The reason for this is because I want to do everything I can to help the sport grow, and I think one way to do that is to get information about it out in the open. For that reason, I have been sending out these newsletters to two of our mailing lists - the Grip Strength mailing list and the Diesel Report mailing list. These are our two oldest list and have readers on them that have known us from the beginning - way back since 2003.

I also believe an excellent way to grow the sport is to take care of our sponsors. In each newsletter, I am sending out updates about new sponsors that have come on board. We are up to 10 sponsors at this point:



These sponsors have really stepped up this year and are helping to make this year's prize cache probably the biggest ever! I would appreciate if you keep these guys in mind the next time you need to pick up new equipment, new supplements, new dvd's etc.! They are showing their support for us, so let's show our support for them!

I'd also like to take a moment and let everyone know that we are starting a new blog for the USGrip Scene. It is at http://usgrip.blogspot.com/. It just went up this week and we have several people contributing: Zach Coulter, Chris Rice, Eric Milfeld, and myself.

Our goal is to grow the sport, so our efforts will be focused around that. Announcements regarding next year's Grip season will be made their, so make sure to check back often!

In closing, here is a list of competitors who have confirmed their participation at the global grip Challenge this year. Remember, this is the first year ever that we set up qualifiers and required qualification in order to compete at the National Competition, GGC. It's a shame that transportation costs have gone through the roof, because many of the top names in the sport will not be attending this year due to gas prices. Hopefully, we will see some relief in the next year so that more of the top contenders in Grip can come and play next year.

Here's who's coming so far:
    Brent Barbe
    Rex Hubbard
    Chad Woodall
    Jedd Johnson
    Chris Rice
    Bob Sundin
    Eric Milfeld
    Paul Knight


If you are on the fence about coming, then now is the time to get your entry in and start training for the show. It's going to be a great time!

-NAPALM-

No comments: